Captive and Regulatory Consulting
Effective design and implementation of a captive insurance solution can be a valid and effective component for an effective global benefits solution. However, this should not be entered into without significant research undertaken to determine whether a captive approach is appropriate for the business. A captive feasibility study is therefore an essential initial undertaking and our global strategy specialists are highly experienced in this area.
Our in-depth study is designed so that employers can subsequently make an informed decision as to whether a captive insurance solution is appropriate for them, and considers how a captive insurer should be structured, managed, and located.
In-depth captive analyses have proven invaluable to help global businesses make the best use of insurance and re-insurance facilities, risk management facilities, and to provide direct fiscal value to the business, whilst allowing the business to remain focused on its core activities.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CAPTIVE & REGULATORY CONSULTING
Our specialists can support you focusing on possible optimisation of your captives for:
- Total cost of risk
- Treasury and refinancing solution
- Balance sheet release and accelerated claims closure
- Optimise profit allocation
We work in partnership with our clients to customise the review to fit their specific needs. This can include:
- Captive strategic rationale
- Redefining the risk financing objectives and requirements of the business
- Captive efficiency
- Classes of business underwritten
- Risk retention and reinsurance market integration
- Domicile options
- Operational best practice and themes arising from competitor strategies
- Capital and reserve adequacy analysis
- Quantitative assessment through discounted cash flow analysis
- Qualitative assessment through balanced score card methodologies
- Run-off efficiency, such as the commutation or novation of portfolios and the redomiciliation, amalgamation, liquidation or sale of captives
- Transition/exit planning and implementation
Key benefits of such a feasibility study include:
- Identifying whether a captive insurer is an appropriate and cost effective solution, and laying out the most relevant strategy.
- Consideration of legal, regulatory jurisdiction, and capitalisation themes
- Providing a detailed implementation strategy
- Directly assisting with setting premiums, allocating capital and developing a projected financial business plan for the captive
- Consideration of relevant accounting, taxation and regulatory challenges and how best these can be managed.
- Designing a benchmark to measure captive performance
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWS
IN2MATRIX OFFICES WORLDWIDE
In2Matrix © 2016. All rights reserved.